- Returned to form thanks to back to back victories following a difficult start.
- Have generally played quite well all season and keeping their first clean sheet of the campaign at Bordeaux on Saturday will be a major boost.
- Angers have some fitness doubts. Key centre back Ismael Traore is 50/50 and so is striker Giles Sunu.
- Winger Billy Ketkeo returns from suspension.
- Suffered humiliation and the hands of PSG on Friday night, losing 0-6 at home.
- Have lost both away matches so far, but do have six points on the board.
- Squad condition generally alright and I’d expect some rotation of players here.
- Caen have been surprisingly negative away from home this season, and after taking a 6-0 beating, might have more of an emphasis on defence again.
- Have had an extra day to prepare for this match so need to make the most of it.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A lot depends on how badly the 0-6 loss to PSG has affected Caen.
- If they recover quickly they could have a chance here, but mentally it must surely have taken a blow.
- I think both these teams are quite even and will probably fancy beating each other.
- Angers are favourites on a -0.25 handicap and this looks fair.
- Goal line set between 2.0 and 2.25 which is slightly tempting to back the overs.
- But Angers looked solid at the weekend which puts me off. Combine that with Caen’s lack of intent on the road so far, and I’m happy to leave this alone.
Recommended bet: None