- Winless, pointless and yet to score a single goal this season.
- Angers have created numerous chances but can’t finish them off, losing each game in close fashion.
- Key midfielder Cheikh N’Doye slightly doubtful with injury but should start.
- Full strength squad from which to choose, with new summer signing Marvin Martin included for the first time.
- Unlikely to make any changes to the XI following excellent win against Lyon last time out.
- Lyon match marked a significant change in approach as they attacked with purpose.
Angers seem like a bit of a hard luck story so far this season. They’ve lost all three games, two of them by a 0-1 margin and the other 0-2. But these results mask the overall reflection of games. Angers haven't been that bad and have outshot all of their opponents, they just can’t hit the back of the net. A combination of poor finishing, post and crossbar, plus some great saves have denied them. Sooner or later this must surely change, although perhaps they lack a quality touch in the final third. Dijon face two strong defensive sides and lost both 0-1 against Nantes and Dijon, but roared back with a superb 4-2 win last time out at home to Lyon. The offense looked much more like it did last season and they should travel here with positive intentions. I’m not sure which way this will go. The way things are going for Angers right now I could see them playing well again, but somehow losing what could be a good game to watch.
Angers are best priced around the evens mark on a -0.25 handicap which seems fair. If things were going their way then this might even be a tempting bet. However, it just feels like everything is going wrong for them right now,. Until they finally manage to turn things around result wise, it isn't a great idea to bet on them. Besides, Dijon could be very dangerous now that their tails are up and will offer a strong counter attacking threat tonight. The pick I like is over 2 goals. Angers might not have scored, but it’s not for lack of trying. They aren't a boring defensive team. Dijon are naturally offensive so to get a massive 2.02 price on this line is too big to ignore.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 2.02 (minimum odds acceptable 1.80)