- Not much has changed with Bastia this season. They are still a fairly boring team, hard to break down and tough defensively.
- Drew 0-0 with Nancy in midweek, a match which pretty much did exactly what it said on the tin!
- Usually very hard to beat at home and Le Stade Furiani is a fortress.
- Injuries are mostly to long term casualties. The most significant absentee is right back Alexander Djiku.
- Started the season well under new coach Antoine Kombouare and have lost just one game so far, which happened to be when they were reduced to 10 men for a while.
- Injuries few and far between, apart from long term casualties who have yet to feature this season.
- Have lost on all of their last four trips to Bastia, this isn’t a happy hunting ground for them.
- The horrible pitch at Le Stade Furiani is unlikely to suit their technical football.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- As per usual, Bastia are underrated by the bookies at home. If you back them blind on a DNB handicap at home you will make profit in a season.
- I personally can’t trust them at the moment though and their ability levels are limited.
- The pitch here is in shocking condition and will probably be a hindrance to both sides. Even the Bastia manager has slammed it recently.
- I expect an ugly game of football in which set pieces are vital.
- The goal line is set at 1.75 for a reason, goals will be hard to get on this surface.
- Not a match I want to bet on, but a low scoring draw or a tight Bastia win are the most likely outcomes.
Recommended bet: None