- Started the season surprisingly well with 3 wins out of 4.
- New coach Jocelyn Gourvennec has re-energised the club and they are playing with intent.
- Midfielder Jeremy Toulalan still injured, but they have no new fresh concerns.
- Due to their impressive performance at Lyon last week, the same XI is likely to be announced.
- After starting the season with three consecutive defeats, Angers finally won last week.
- They have played better than most of their results suggested but failure to convert chances was their big issue.
- Now with a 3-1 win under their belt, perhaps confidence will be higher and they’ll be more clinical.
- Squad condition quite good with few injuries and only winger Billy Ketkeo is suspended.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Likely to be quite a good game. Both teams have demonstrated a willingness to be pro-active this season.
- Angers don’t seem as focused on defence and should be buoyed by their win last week.
- With confidence high in both camps, I like the idea of backing over 2.25 goals. Both will probably fancy their chances.
- Three out of four Bordeaux games have ended over and the only reason more goals haven’t been scored in Angers’ fixtures was their poor finishing.
- Bordeaux are the most likely team to win, but they are @ around the 1.85 mark which looks a little short.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.09