- Buoyed by an excellent 3-0 win against Metz in midweek and have won 4 of their 6 matches.
- Their two losses have both been disappointing though and they could be an enigma team under the management of Jocelyn Gourvennec.
- Still plenty of injuries in the squad with midfielder Jeremy Toulalan remaining out.
- Key striker Jeremy Menez returns from his injury, but fellow frontman Diego Roldan is suspended
- Lost their last three consecutive matches, one of which was the infamous 0-6 home drubbing at the hands of PSG.
- Improved in midweek away against Angers and were unlucky to lose 2-1.
- The defence is becoming a concern again and they might need to rely on the offense to carry them.
- Not usually known for their away performances, but they won this fixture 4-1 last season!
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both sides seem to be all or nothing and have yet to have a draw between them.
- Each outfit has good offensive strength this season but there are question marks at the back.
- I’m anticipating an attractive game of football with chances at both ends.
- Bordeaux are strong -0.75 favourites but they aren’t always good in this sort of position when expected to win easily.
- I fancy the overs in this game but unfortunately it means committing to a full over 2.5 line.
- Not usually a good idea to back any over in France without some sort of cover in case of two goals, but I’m willing to risk it here.
- Just the way each side usually operates should yield at least three goals, so I’ll pull the trigger.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.96