- Got easily beaten by PSG on Tuesday night, but it wasn’t a particularly energy sapping loss and they rested and rotated a lot of starters.
- Likely to be quite fresh here although the resting out of centre back Yunis Abdelhamid will weaken their backline.
- The attacking duo of Romain Amalfitano & Julio Tavares remain injured.
- Dijon have lost 4 of their 6 fixtures so far. Les Rouges haven’t look out of their depth, but have shown naivety at this level which is costing them.
- Have looked quite good under their new manager Christian Gourcuff, winning 3 out of 6 games. All of those came at home though.
- Road form not as good, but they have travelled to Nice & Monaco which are both difficult locations.
- Attacking duo of Giovanni Sio & Yoann Gourcuff both ruled out here because of injury, along with midfielder Clement Chantome who hasn’t featured since the opening day.
- The manager sticks religiously to a 4-4-2 formation, usually with quite an attacking mindset.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- It’s taken a little bit of time but Rennes’ 3-2 win over Marseille in midweek was a typical sort of Christian Gourcuff side performance in Ligue 1.
- Confidence is high in Rennes and they will likely come here looking for all three points and attack with intent.
- Dijon have had some good moments and bad. Their natural attitude is to attack and I think we’ll see both sides go for it here.
- Over 2.25 goals looks a really generous price around the 2.0 mark.
- I think bookies are underestimating how pro-active in nature these two sides are.
- The overall result is very difficult to predict and could go either way. Each can be backed on a DNB line which seems fair.
- I’m happy just to stick with this very juicy looking over 2.25 line.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.03