- Suffered defeat at the weekend for the first time this season, going down 1-2 against Clermont.
- Played with 10 men for most of the second half after goalkeeper Karl Johnsson was sent off. As a result, he is suspended tonight.
- Apart from his omission, the squad stays exactly the same and they have no new injuries to worry about.
- Guingamp generally played quite well under new coach Antoine Kombouare and have been quite positive in mindset.
- Lost their first four matches of the season but finally got a win at the weekend, beating Lille 1-0.
- Not the most convincing success and facing an out of sorts Lille, but a win's a win and I’m sure they’ll feel better for it.
- Have injuries right across the board to starters in various positions. The latest additions to the treatment table are midfielder Cafu and striker Majeed Waris.
- Usually very poor away from home under current coach Sylvain Ripoll.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brittany derby between a couple of local rivals. This fixture has a history of being very open and containing goals.
- Overs would normally be an automatic bet here, but Lorient’s attack force isn’t firing very well this season, so I’m happy to swerve this market.
- Guingamp are playing much the better of the two teams and as long as they recover from Saturday's defeat then they’ll have a good chance of winning.
- The hosts can be backed as big as 2.08 for victory, which looks generous considering how Lorient are performing.
- I prefer to take a -0.25 handicap, just for extra security because it’s a derby mach. The odds are still backable @ 1.77.
- Lorient don’t convince me and one swallow doesn’t make a summer. The win against a well out of form Lille could prove a ‘one off’
Recommended bet: Guingamp -0.25 @ 1.77