- Couldn’t have had a worse start to the season, losing all four matches.
- Haven’t scored a goal since the opening 20 mins of the first game of the season.
- Since that period they’ve conceded 10 at the other end, which is only topped by Caen who recently lost 0-6 against PSG.
- Lorient can be thankful they are only facing Lille here, a really top side would probably maul them right now!
- Confidence really low and coach Sylvain Ripoll under huge pressure already.
- For Lille standards, they’ve suffered a fairly poor start, only picking up four points from four games and already lost twice.
- The feeling isn’t too great with some frustration amongst the fans.
- A few injury concerns across the board, but attacker Ronny Lops could make a return which would help them.
- Might approach the game in a more attack minded way compared to normal, considering their opponents’ poor form.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Feeling of all doom and gloom around Lorient and they’ll desperate to at least pick up a point.
- I don’t think they are playing disastrously bad, it’s just certain things are letting them down at both ends of the pitch.
- Lille are -0.25 favourites and this is probably about fair. But they were in a similar position against Metz earlier in the season and lost.
- Lorient matches traditionally good for goals but because of their issues hitting the back of the net these have to be avoided right now until they find their mojo.
- Overall a no bet match but leaning towards an away win, albeit not sure.
Recommended bet: None