- Won 2 out of 3 games but were humbled 2-4 at Dijon last time out.
- A number of players are injured and suspended, albeit mostly to guys who haven’t started much yet this season.
- Key striker Alexandre Lacazette rated doubtful, but should start
- Unbeaten at at this stadium under the management of Bruno Genesio.
- Won 2 out of 3 games as well, their one defeat was on the road at Toulouse 1-4.
- Seem more settled under new coach Jocelyn Gourvennec.
- Some defensive doubts but kept an improved clean sheet last time out.
- Key midfielder Jeremy Toulalan questionable because of injury.
Lyon are usually very good in front of their own fans since their new stadium opened in January. Most fixtures have been won, along with the odd draw. OL started the season in confident fashion, easily beating Nancy & Caen. But they came unstuck against Dijon, a match in which their defence looked a complete shambles. The likes of Yanga Mbiwa & Nkoulou were all over the place, but will likely keep their place in the starting XI by default today. Most OL games here are quite open but the hosts do have a number of injury doubts. It’s possible their usual starting trio of Lacazette, Cornet & Fekir all wont start, the latter is definitely ruled out. Bordeaux have a chance if they take their opportunities but there remains an element of uncertainty here. I’ll predict a close Lyon 2-1 win, but I’m not entirely sure.
The original bet I liked here was over 2.75 goals, but with the hosts potentially missing key attacking players then I’ll give this a miss. For anyone wanting top back Lyon -1 asian then I'd strongly recommend you wait until the starting XIs are announced. The hosts have an upcoming champions league match to look forward to, so are unlikely to be in any sort of mood to risk players unnecessarily. I think Bordeaux will come here and be positive but coach Jocelyn Gourvennec is capable of anything and he might prefer to sit back and absorb pressure. I just have a general feeling this match is to be avoided due to a lot of question marks. It’s also going to be a hot afternoon, which might lead to a lower tempo sort of game.
Recommended bet: None