- Now winless in three ligue games, although played quite well on Sunday away against Marseille with a weakened side.
- Boosted by the return of playmakers Nabil Fekir & Mathieu Valbuena from injury, although both might only start from the bench.
- They are however, still without key men Alexandre Lacazette (inj), Maxime Gonalons (susp) and Clement Grenier (inj)
- Usually really strong at their new stadium under the management of Bruno Genesio. Defeat to Bordeaux last time out was the first they suffered defeat here with him in charge.
- Solid, if not spectacular start to the season. They have drawn their last three games.
- MHSC have scored exactly one goal in every match so far.
- Have kept a very consistent squad all season and the same players are retained who featured in their draw against Nice on Sunday.
- The tactics of coach Frederic Hantz are always difficult to predict and I’m not sure what sort of gameplan he’ll have here.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This fixture has a history of high scoring matches. Three of the last six encounters between the two have ended 5-1!
- Lyon are the better team and their extra quality should make the difference come the final whistle.
- The hosts are winless in three game though and missing their star striker Lacazette.
- The Lyon handicap is between -1 and -0.75. They should win, but quite how easily I’m not sure.
- The goal line is set at 2.75 which looks a little high considering both teams aren’t scoring huge amount of goals right now.
- Lyon and the overs are slightly tempting bets but I just don’t have quite enough confidence to back either of them. I’d say 2-1 or 3-1 are the most likely scorelines.
Recommended bet: None