- OM sit in the lower reaches of the table after blowing yet another away game in midweek against Rennes (2-3).
- They continue to make mistakes, especially at the back which is costing them dearly.
- The midfield duo of Abou Diaby & Lassana Diarra both remain out injured, but they have no new casualties to worry about or suspensions.
- Marseille were poor at home last season but they are unbeaten and yet to concede a goal at the Velodrome so far this term.
- Now inside the relegation zone after no win since the opening day of the season.
- Have scored just two goals so far and even failed to break down a St Etienne side who played with 10 men for the majority of the match on Wednesday night.
- Centre back Diego Carlos is injured but they have no other injuries to any main starters.
- The atmosphere just feels flat in Nantes right now. New manager Rene Girard has almost taken a step backwards and they feel even less of a threat under him.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both teams are struggling for results but Marseille are playing better than some of their scores might suggest.
- Somehow, OM have let points slip through their fingers. But at least they are scoring goals and looking threatening.
- Nantes should get chances here but I don’t have much confidence that they’ll take many at the moment.
- The visitors’ gameplan is likely to keep it tight and frustrate Marseille. Nantes do have solid defenders who can be hard to break down.
- This is a difficult one to call. I don’t think there will be many goals in the game due to Nantes’ natural defensive nature.
- Marseille can freeze a bit due to the pressure of their home fans but I think they are worth taking on a -0.25 handicap.
- Nantes simply haven’t shown anything this season and Marseille should be able to control the game.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Marseille -0.25 @ 1.81