- Despite only having picked up four points so far, Marseille have looked improved this season.
- A little unlucky to lose at Nice last week, but individual errors at the back are still costing them.
- Midfield duo of Diarra & Diaby both missing, so they’ll lose some steel in that part of the field.
- Likely to attack from the off, they are usually a really positive side under their current coach.
- Offensively look in better shape with players now getting used to each other more.
- Lost both of their last two ligue games and the defence has shipped in seven goals during this period.
- Key injuries and suspensions. Star striker Alexandre Lacazette is ruled out, along with captain Maxime Gonalons in the middle.
- Some other players who would be starters, or contenders to be in the XI are missing as well.
- Played on Wednesday night in the Champions League but had a fairly easy match against Zagreb and shouldn’t be affected.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Big ‘Olympico’ clash between two massive rivals in French football.
- Both head into the match not in a great state with particular doubts over defending.
- Historically an open and exciting clash, although the last four H2Hs have all yielded under 2.5 matches.
- The goal line is set at 2.75 and whilst extremely tempting, this is a bit too high when guys like Lacazette & Fekir are missing for Lyon.
- Shockingly, Marseille are underdogs on a DNB line. This seems completely wrong.
- If Lyon were at full strength then I could understand to a degree, but without their leading marksman their threat upfront is reduced.
- Marseille aren’t great at home but this price on a DNB line is simply too big to refuse.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Marseille DNB @ 2.02