- The relegation favourites have surprised so far, only losing 1 out of 5 games.
- Very good team spirit and togetherness, they are relishing being underdogs.
- Right back Jonathan Rivierez is injured and midfielder Cheick Doucoure is suspended.
- They join wide players Yann Jouffre & Opa Nguette on the sidelines.
- Metz are defending a 100% home record.
- Have won 3 out of 5 games but struggled at the weekend, losing 0-1 at home to Angers.
- It may be early in Jocelyn Gourvennec’s reign, but Bordeaux are already showing major signs of inconsistency.
- The traditional Bordeaux injury problems are starting up again. The midfield trio of Sertic, Vada & Ounas are all doubtful and will probably miss out.
- Striker Jeremy Menez is also rated doubtful whilst Diego Rolan is suspended.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Metz have been better than most people expected and have been especially impressive at home.
- Despite that, they are a +0.25 underdog here with Bordeaux perceived as the better team.
- The visitors have picked up some good results but there seems to be no consistency with them.
- Both teams are missing a few players so there are some question marks on either side.
- Difficult match to predict. It doesn't offer much betting appeal, so I’ll leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None