- Playing well and joint top of the table heading into this round.
- Know they have to keep winning in order to stay ahead of PSG, who hammered Caen 6-0 on Friday night.
- Monaco played in the Champions League midweek away to Spurs in London and some players picked up knocks.
- The likes of Dirar, Sidibe, Mendy and Bakayoko are all doubtful here and might not feature.
- Expect some squad rotation, but Monaco have proved before it doesn’t necessarily weaken them and the extra freshness can help.
- Unbeaten in three matches and generally looked quite good since new coach Christian Gourcuff took charge.
- Will line up in the standard Gourcuff 4-4-2 system which he religiously operates.
- Injuries kept to the minimum with only long term casualty Clement Chantome affected.
- Haven’t been as offensively orientated under their new coach as I expected.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Monaco odds-on around the 1.75 mark which is fair enough.
- Nevertheless, it might not be easy coming down off the high they had in midweek.
- Considering the injuries they sustained, plus player rotation, there are probably some better 1.75 bet out there this weekend elsewhere.
- Rennes are no mugs and will be able to compete strongly.
- I can’t get a feel for the game or decide if it’ll be open or not.
- Goal line is set at 2.25 but the price isn’t tempting enough.
- I’ve got feeling Monaco will find a way to win but something like a 1-1 draw is a massive danger.
Recommended bet: None