- Now winless and haven’t kept a clean sheet since the opening day of the season following a 5-1 mauling by Lyon in midweek.
- Played nearly the whole contest with 10 men so could really feel the effects of that here.
- Squad in good condition apart from youngster Morgan Poaty who is suspended.
- Montpellier have generally looked ok this year but the big question is how they’ll respond to their midweek thrashing.
- After an encouraging start to the season they slumped to a disappointing 0-3 home defeat in midweek against Bordeaux.
- The step up to Ligue 1 level finally seemed to hit them and playing three games in seven games isn’t going to help.
- Metz have a few injuries across the board and could be physically fatigued heading into this match. It will be a test on their squad.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both teams suffered disappointing results in midweek and it’s a question of who can bounce back the best.
- On paper, Metz have one of the worst squads in Ligue 1, but until Wednesday night had shown no sign of being out of their depth.
- Montpellier are a big -1 favourite here which looks wrong to me. Metz aren’t that bad and Montpellier aren’t that great.
- No result would surprise me here, but the hosts definitely aren’t a banker.
- I am going to chance a small stake on Metz to win @ 7.0, which is really too big to ignore.
- I would take the visitors +1, but don’t trust them enough to stake a full unit.
Recommended bet: 0.25 unit: Metz win @ 7.0