- After losing their first three games, Nancy have hit back with a three match unbeaten run.
- A return to defensive tactics seems to have worked and they've looked much more solid in the last couple of weeks.
- Left back Vincent Muratori is injured, along with midfielder Youssef Ait Bennasser. Everyone else is available apart from new signing Alou Diarra who still lacks match fitness.
- Facing a team like Nice, the hosts are likely to again prioritise organisation and defence. A draw would be seen as acceptable.
- Les Aiglons are the only remaining unbeaten side in Ligue 1 and a win would put them back to the top of the table.
- New signing Mario Balotelli has scored four goals in two ligue games and made an instant impression. He’s ruled out of this match due to injury though.
- Everyone else, bar long term casualties are available though and Nice are brimming with confidence.
- This will be just their third away game of the season and they weren’t totally convincing in their previous two.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is likely to be a tight and tactical match, potentially low scoring.
- Nancy have obtained better results since they improved defensively, so coach Pablo Correa is unlikely to change things, especially against an in-form side.
- Nice have started the season brilliantly, but they now have a big target on their back and everyone will raise their game against them.
- The influential Mario Balotelli will be missed and Nice haven’t been too convincing on the road yet this season.
- Nancy are slight favourites on a DNB handicap and this is about fair. One goal either way from a set piece could decide this game.
- Overall, I’m happy to avoid betting on this affair because I’m not sure about the outcome.
Recommended bet: None