- New manager, but same old Nantes. Fairly boring defensive team that lacks offensive inspiration.
- All of their matches have contained exactly one goal and been defensive battles.
- Key midfielder Guillaume Gillet rated doubtful.
- The newly promoted outfit have surprised everyone by winning 2 of their 3 games.
- Midfielder Yann Jouffre likely to still miss out, which is a blow.
- Metz not looked out of place in Ligue 1 despite weak looking squad.
Conclusion & betting analysis
Nantes have already beaten one promoted team this season, registering a 1-0 success against Dijon. They will hope for something similar today but might find it hard to break down Metz. Nantes seem to lack offensive options and haven’t been creating many chances under Rene Girard. Their defence has to be strongly respected though and they are a very physical team. I expect a really tight contest which could possibly be decided by one goal. Maybe Nantes will have enough in the end, but I wouldn't bank on it. There’s no way I’d be interested in them @ 1.80, this price is too short and I’d rather sit this one out.
Recommended bet: None