- Struggled since opening day win against Dijon.
- The point they obtained at Nancy on Saturday (1-1) was their first since the opening day and also the first time they scored since then.
- Goalscoring still looks like a major problem for Nantes despite a change of manager.
- Centre back Diego Carlos looks set to be ruled out again. He is the only really significant injury and they have no new problems.
St Etienne preview
- Unbeaten in four games following opening day loss at Bordeaux.
- Sainte are generally playing quite well and enjoying their football at the moment.
- Defensive duo of M’Bengue & Theophile Catherine ruled out. Midfielder Henri Saiviet is another casualty.
- St Etienne have played a lot of midweek matches this season in Europe, so are well used to rotating their squad around.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is likely to be a defensive battle between two teams who have capabilities of being solid.
- Nantes haven’t been convincing this season and have desperately struggled in the final third.
- Lack of firepower is starting to make me think Sainte might sneak this 1-0 or something.
- The hosts are slight favourites on a DNB handicap and the bookies can’t separate either side.
- Goal line is between 1.75 and 2.0 and this isn't expected to be much of a classic.
- Overall, I’m happy to leave this one alone and it doesn’t have much betting appeal.
Recommended bet: None