- Unbeaten start to the season and have looked alright under new coach Lucien Favre.
- A couple of new signings, Mario Balotelli & Younes Belhanda could make their debuts today.
- Nice have lacked a bit of offensive firepower so they’ll hope these new guys can make a difference.
- Encountered a difficult start but played much better last time out when they beat Lorient 2-0
- Some new signings, including midfielder William Vainqueur could be in line to start.
- Off field issues still surrounding the club making the atmosphere intense.
Conclusion & betting analysis
This is a south coast derby between a couple of rivals and is usually a hard fought game, occasionally a bloodbath. Passions can run high both on and off the pitch as rivals fans clash. I’m not really sure who’s going to win. Both sides added to their team in the latter part of the transfer window and there are all sorts of question marks surrounding guys like Balotelli and a few others. It feels like a draw and it’s not the sort of match I want to bet on. Nice are priced up a a -0.25 favourite, which actually looks a little bit short. OM are nothing special these days but they still possess some decent quality in their ranks.
Recommended bet: None