- Unbeaten start to the season and looking good in all areas under new coach Lucien Favre.
- New signing Mario Balotelli was given a breather at the weekend, but he’s back in the squad here.
- Nice have very few injuries and the only affected players are long term casualties.
- Favre has demonstrated an ability to mix things up tactically and looks a smart decision maker. Nice have more than one string to their bow.
- Unbeaten start to the season sees them top of the table heading into the round.
- Playing some really good football at the moment and are enjoying success both domestically and in Europe.
- Squad at full strength, minus left back Benjamin Mendy & winger Nabil Dirar.
- The Monaco offence is especially looking good at the moment and they were the highest scoring side heading into the round.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A battle between the only two remaining unbeaten teams in Ligue 1.
- To add further spice to the occasion, this is a local derby match and the rivalry between the two teams is massive.
- Both teams are playing well and Monaco have especially been impressive of late.
- I could see a similar sort of match when Nice beat Marseille 3-2 here a week or so ago.
- Both teams have good offensive players so I like the idea of backing over 2.25 goals.
- Monaco are -0.25 favourites and this is fair. I think the visitors will obtain another victory. They simply have more quality and everything seems to be going their way.
- However, I’m happy just to stick with the over bet. This should be a decent game of football hopefully containing chances at both ends.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.84