- Inconsistent side who blow hot and cold. Suffered a disappointing 0-3 defeat away at Dijon last week.
- Have a 100% home record, winning all 3 matches in front of their own fans this season.
- Squad condition fairly good with only midfield duo Yoann Gourcuff & Clement Chantome ruled out. Starting striker Giovanni Sio returns from injury.
- Christian Gourcuff is a positive coach who promotes attacking football. He’ll have Rennes line up in his usual 4-4-2 formation.
- Following a good start to the season, Guingamp have now lost 2 of their last 3 games.
- Left back Marcal, who has made a good start his life at Guingamp, is suspended for this match.
- The visitors have a few players out injured long term but have no new casualties in this department.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Local Brittany derby and in recent years the away team has done surprisingly well, winning 5 of the last 7 meetings.
- However, in this instance you have to favour Rennes. They have started the season very well at home and yet top drop any points at Roazhon Park.
- This should be an attractive encounter and both managers usually like to have a go in a positive fashion.
- Over 2.25 goals looks generously priced @ 2.01. I don't see this being a defensive match, even though it is a derby.
- There should be enough chances at both ends for this line to cover, or at worst offer a half loss.
- Rennes -0.25 is offered around the 1.85 mark and this is slightly tempting. But due to the fact it’s a derby game and with Guingamp having a good record here, I’ll leave this market alone.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.01