- Defeat at Monaco on Saturday snapped a three game unbeaten streak.
- Have generally looked good and slightly improved under the management of Christian Gourcuff.
- His son Yoann Gourcuff is doubtful because of injury and fellow man in the middle Clement Chantome is out long term. They have no other absentees.
- Rennes are likely to be positive in the typical Gourcuff 4-4-2 formation.
- Inconsistent start to the season has seen Marseille win just one match so far.
- There has been promise with some performances, but they seem incapable of stringing together a full 90 minute performance against anyone good.
- Still missing the midfield duo of Abou Diaby & Lassana Diarra. Centre back Doria is suspended.
- Lost both away games so far this season, but are usually decent on the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- The last time these two teams met, Rennes absolutely walloped OM at the Velodrome 5-2! OM will want some revenge here.
- Rennes are favourites on a -0.25 handicap which is a sign of the times. Marseille can never be underestimated away from home though.
- Both Marseille away games have ended over 2.5 and their clash at Nice was a really pulsating encounter (2-3).
- I think this will be another exciting game containing chances at both ends.
- With that in mind, over 2.25 goals @ around the 1.85 mark looks a perfectly acceptable bet. Neither of these two sides is likely to operate defensively.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.85