St Etienne preview
- Unbeaten in three games and boosted by an unlikely point away against PSG last week.
- Played in the Europa League away against Mainz on Thursday.
- St Etienne are however used to dealing with European matches in recent years and often have very little drop off in performance.
- Squad in good condition with their only problem area at left back where both Polomat & M’Bengue are injured.
- Won two and lost two games so far as Bastia remain inconsistent.
- Squad in relatively good health with only long term injuries ruled out, along with right back Djiku.
- Usually operate very defensively away from home.
- Not known for their strength on the road and have historically struggled at this stadium.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I don’t see this being much of a classic. One team will try to attack and the other will just try and defend.
- It might take St Etienne a while to break down Bastia, but ultimately I think they’ll have enough to take them down.
- Something like a 1-0 or 2-0 scoreline is the most likely, Bastia probably won’t threaten much.
- Sainte are on a -0.75 handicap, which offers little appeal facing a side that could be hard to break down.
- The match just doesn’t interest me from a betting perspective.
Recommended bet: None