- Currently situated bang in the middle of the table, and as per usual have shown a big variation of results at home and away.
- Ajaccio will always be strong in front of their own fans and have won 3 out of 4 here so far this season.
- Winger Mouad Madri is suspended but their only other absentee is centre back Joris Sainati, who is out long term.
- Key veteran playmaker Johan Cavalli should return after missing out with injury last week.
- Joint top of the table after a morale boosting victory against promotion rivals Reims on Monday night (2-1)
- Have only lost one game all season and remain unbeaten away from home.
- Ligue 2 specialist manager Jean Marc Furlan appears to be working his magic once again. He’s very good at this level.
- Experienced playmaker Bruno Grougi remains their only injury. The exact same squad which featured on Monday night is employed again.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brest are flying high and enjoying themselves. They are a difficult side for anyone to face at the moment.
- However, a trip to Corsica on the back of a short week is never going to be easy. Brest have lost on all of their last three visits to this stadium.
- Ajaccio are favourites in between a -0.25 and DNB handicap. This seems fair when you consider how strong they are at home.
- For both teams, 7 of their 9 games have all contained at least 2 goals in them.
- With that in mind, backing over 2 goals close to the 2.0 mark looks like a decent bet.
- This match is unlikely to be anything crazy and massively end to end. But both sides play with enough attacking intent to generate goals.
- There’s a good chance of at least a push and the price is too good to refuse.
- Brest have been playing well recently but I have a feeling they could come unstuck here at a difficult location.
Recommended bet: Over 2 goals @ 1.98