- Shocking everyone by their current second placed position after three consecutive victories
- Weak squad on paper but the team is playing very well together with great fight and spirit.
- No new injuries to worry about although new signing at right back Jean Calve isn’t fit enough to make the squad yet.
- Only lost one match but generally been inconsistent so far this season.
- Won their previous away match 4-1 against Niort after a blistering first half.
- Squad in good condition with few injuries and two new signings set to make their debuts.
- Haven’t kept a clean sheet since the opening day of the season.
Without doubt Amines have been the biggest surprise of the season so far. Everyone, (including me) expected them to be the whipping boys, and whilst there’s still time for things to change, early indications are the exact opposite. The newly promoted team have strung together some really impressive performance and shown great strength in all areas of the field. They are clearly riding on the crest of a wave and probably didn’t want the international break to come! Whether or not they can maintain this great form remains to be seen. Logic suggests not, but in my experience of French football a team like this can’t be underestimated. Their opponents tonight are Tours, a side who are renowned for inconsistency. TFC are an extremely difficult side to predict, capable of anything. I have a feeling this might be a more open match than some expect and I’ll say Amiens stay hot and win the game. But in truth, no outcome would surprise me too much here.
Amiens are on a -0.25 handicap @ 1.92 here, which seems about fair. Part of me is slightly tempted by the hosts but let's not forget who they are. This is a newly promoted team who’ve so far punched above their weight. At some stage, they may well come back down to earth, possibly it’ll happen tonight. Tours can blow hot or cold so overall I’d say it’s wise to swerve. The goal line looks generously set at 2.0 @ 1.93 and I was extremely tempted by this. A lot of Tours’ matches this season have been more open than many might think, and they've struggled to keep clean sheets. Amiens have looked fairly solid at times this season though, which puts me off this bet. I’ll reluctantly leave it alone, but I have a feeling this could end over.
Recommended bet: None