- Defeat at home to Clermont last week ended their unbeaten start to the season.
- Have otherwise looked quite good under new coach Jean Marc Furlan.
- Furlan is an attack minded coach who will always hunt for a win instead of settling for a draw.
- Key playmaker Bruno Grougi is injured, along with starting right back Gaetan Belaud.
- Inconsistent side difficult to predict, although have drawn their last two matches 0-0
- Despite this, I don’t personally see them as a negative team.
- Still trying to build an identity under new coach Viorel Moldovan.
- A lot of young players have been employed so far this season, but Moldovan is gradually bringing some more experienced heads back into the side.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Auxerre matches are one of the hardest to bet in due to their unpredictable nature.
- On the face of things statistically, this looks set to be a matchup between contrasting sides. But I have a feeling Auxerre could potentially get sucked into a shootout.
- With that in mind, over 2 or over 2.25 goals is slightly tempting.
- However, due to their high amount of 0-0s then it’s probably not the wisest move.
- Ligue 2 Saturday afternoon games do have a history of lower scoring matches.
- Really tough match to predict in terms of outcome so a clear no bet situation.
Recommended bet: None