- Four game unbeaten run was ended in midweek when they lost 2-1 at Reims.
- Harsh defeat and they were arguably the better team. Goalkeeper Mehdi Jeanin was at fault for the late Reims winning goal.
- Clermont have generally been playing very well recently with good contributions made from all over the field.
- Coach Corinne Diacre rested some regular starters in midweek so there should be an element of freshness to certain players here.
- Just 1 win in 5 games for RCS and they’ve drifted off form a bit recently.
- The recent hectic schedule has hit them hard and seem to be struggling for intensity.
- Key midfielder and one of their best players so far this season, Jeremy Grimm is suspended.
- No other major absences and RCS will remain hard to beat having only lost once so far this campaign.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both sides have generally had an encouraging season so far, although Clermont have looked better of late.
- Strasbourg have had an extra day of rest, but the squad rotation which Clermont enforced in midweek could prove useful tonight.
- Clermont have played very well against a lot of good teams recently so certainly won’t be fazed by their illustrious visitors.
- It’s surprising to see Clermont @ around 1.80 on a DNB line. This looks quite generous bearing in mind how good they’ve looked of late.
- This price and line is too difficult to ignore and at worst the hosts should be able to draw. Strasbourg have just looked ‘slightly off colour’ recently.
- Might be a more open game than some people anticipate, but it’s safer to leave the goal line market alone, even if over 2 is a slightly tempting price.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Clermont DNB @ 1.83