GFC Ajaccio preview
- Now lost 2 of their last 3 games following defeat at home to Nimes on Friday (0-2)
- Have only scored 5 goals in 8 games which is one of the poorest returns in the entire league.
- Matters aren’t helped by injuries to three starting attackers who all miss tonight’s game - Boujedra, Cisse & Maah.
- Midfielder Jerome Lemoigne also remains sidelined, and left back Jerome Mombris is rested out.
- Le Stade Ange Casanova is usually a fortress but GFC have yet to win in front of their own fans this season.
- The newly promoted team continue to ride high and have now won 5 of their last 6 games.
- It’s starting to get the to the stage when they might have to be taken a bit more seriously.
- On paper they have one of the weakest squads in the ligue but they are performing brilliantly together.
- Injuries are few and far between with only long term casualties ruled out. The squad is in very good health.
- Seem to have no problem performing on the road and have won 3 out of 4 away games.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This match was postponed a few weeks ago due to a waterlogged pitch, hence why it’s being played on this unusual date.
- That GFCA are as big as a -0.25 favourite at home to Amiens shows just how well the visitors have performed this season.
- If this was an opening day match, GFC would’ve been about a 1.65 just to win straight up!
- Amiens have to be given some respect. Their bubble will probably burst at some stage, but until it does then I won’t bet against them.
- Their team spirit, determination and great tactics from the coach just prove you don’t always need to greatest ability to succeed in this ligue.
- Nevertheless, a trip to Corsica is never easy and GFCA usually play well at home.
- This is a difficult match to predict and it might end a draw. One point would be enough for Amiens to regain top spot.
- I’m not interesting in betting on the game. I have learnt my lesson before not to bet against sides like Amiens, who defy logic.
Recommended bet: None