GFC Ajaccio preview
- Only lost one match all season but a collection of draws have hampered their progress.
- Have only scored 5 goals in 7 games, which isn’t really enough for a team wanting to launch a promotion bid.
- Very solid at the other end though, only conceding five times.
- They are missing a starter from each area of the field. Defender Francois Clerc, midfielder Jerome Lemoigne & striker Sekou Ciss are all ruled out.
- Usually strong at home and hard to beat here. But drawn all three encounters at Le Stade Ange Casanova so far.
- After a tricky start to the season, Nimes have only lost 1 of their last 5 games
- Somehow failed to beat 10 man Troyes in midweek, cocking up a really good position and eventually needing a late equaliser just to draw.
- That sort of match rather sums up Nimes this season, they have failed to take advantage of good situations and without doubt they should have more points.
- Recent additions of wide duo Kouakou & Cissokho should add to their threat levels going forward.
- Midfielder Teji Savanier is suspended again and winger Karim Ait Fana is injured. Everyone else is available.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A battle between two distinctively different teams. GFC are a more tactical & defensive type outfit, whilst Nimes far more attack minded.
- The last four Nimes games have all ended over 2.5 but they might find it difficult to penetrate GFC here.
- Nevertheless, Nimes played well at Strasbourg in a similar type of encounter a few weeks ago and will have no fear.
- GFC are odds-on in some places and I feel like this is too short. This is a difficult place to visit but Nimes are an underrated team who could cause problems.
- The goal line is set between 2 and 2.25 which doesn’t offer any value either. If I could trust GFC to open up more and score, then I’d consider the overs, but it’s too dangerous.
- Overall, a match I’m happy to leave alone and no bet.
Recommended bet: None