- Won just one game all season and currently reside inside the relegation zone.
- Their goalscoring tally of just 5 in 9 games is a poor return, especially when you consider three were scored in one match!
- They have few injuries to deal with and left back Erwan Quintin is the only official absentee.
- Les Tangos can be a tough nut to crack at home and have only lost once here so far this season.
- The visitors are winless in three games but have been difficult to beat recently.
- Number one goalkeeper Mehdi Jeannin is out of action until January with a broken wrist. This means backup custodian Marc Aurele Caillard will take the gloves.
- The rest of the squad is in good health and they have no suspensions to worry about.
- Clermont started the season in fairly poor form but the standard of their performances have improved since then.
- Have faced some tough opponents recently and this might feel like an easier test.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Laval are one of the most boring teams in Ligue 2. Under the management of Denis Zanko they operate the same in most games, which is to prioritise defence.
- I expect this to be quite a tight encounter and chances could be at a premium.
- It’s difficult to know exactly which way the game will go. Clermont will possibly have more possession but Laval can never be underestimated here in front of their own fans.
- Laval are slight favourites on a DNB handicap which is probably about fair.
- The game does have a strong draw feeling surrounding it and both teams could easily cancel each other out.
- Overall this isn’t a match I particularly want to get involved in. I don’t have a strong feeling about the contest.
Recommended bet: None