- Won just once this season and sit second bottom of the table.
- Lost 4 of their last 5 and failed to scored in 5 out of 7 games this season.
- Played with 10 men for over 65 mins on Friday night away against Red Star (0-1).
- Have a small squad so player rotation not really much of an option. Fatigue and mental tiredness could be an issue.
- Defensive duo of Malik Couturier & Erwan Quintin are both still injured. Defensive midfielder Adrien Monfray is suspended.
- Unbeaten, but have drawn too many games with 5 out of 7 ending all square.
- Very tough defensive team but still struggle to score enough goals at times.
- Striker Moussa Sao remains out injured, but in general the squad is in a very healthy condition.
- The coach could rotate things if he wants, they have enough quality depth to stay fresh.
- Probably better suited to away football with their style.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Quite a large gulf in class between the two teams and Sochaux should stamp their authority on this game.
- Laval tactics will probably be highly defensive and act like they are the away team.
- Difficult to see Laval winning the game, especially as they could be fatigued following Friday night with 10 men for so long.
- Would love to back Sochaux on a DNB handicap but they are a bit too short @ 1.67.
- Forced into taking a -0.25 handicap at bigger odds.
- Risk of a draw is still there, but I’m fairly confident Sochaux can find a way to win this game with their extra class shining through.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Sochaux -0.25 @ 2.11