Le Havre preview
- The promotion favourites are now winless in five games following a defeat to Bourg-en-Bresse on Friday night.
- For the first time, perhaps a small bit of pressure being applied to manager Bob Bradley because HAC aren’t living up to expectations.
- Key midfielder Jean Pascal Fontaine is still suspended.
- Exact same squad retained for this match, but there could be some team changes with key playmaker Alexandre Bonnet set to be rested to the bench.
- Top of the ligue after beating Auxerre 1-0 on Saturday afternoon.
- Things going well under new coach Jean Marc Furlan and have suffered just one defeat so far.
- Important midfielder Cristian Battocchio is injured, although they welcome back playmaker Bruno Grougi. His presence was missed on Saturday.
- Right back Gaetan Belaud is their only other absentee.
- Unbeaten away from home this season.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Normandy vs Brittany battle between two perceived favourites for promotion this season.
- Right now, Brest playing much the better football and something isn’t quite right with Le Havre.
- The hosts have had an extra day of rest and to prepare for this match though, which could be significant.
- Le Havre quality on paper shouldn’t be underestimated and capable of firing at any time.
- HAC too short around 2.0 and would be too risky to back. They are making too many mistakes at the back and Brest could punish them.
- Both sides quite attack minded in nature so over 2 goals around the 1.80 looks appealing. I don’t see this being a tight contest and there’s plenty of attacking ability on both sides.
Recommended bet: Over 2 goals @ 1.82