- One of the favourites for promotion, but have only won 1 of their first 5 games.
- Coach’s prefered 3-5-2 formation is taking some time for the players to adapt.
- A trio of defenders not available, including the powerful duo of Loic Landre & Dejan Cvetinovic.
- Lack of goals have been a concern again and two new strikers have been signed to try and help them out.
- Lens are always well supported by a large crowd at Le Stade Felix Bollaert.
- Bottom of the table and yet to win a match
- Already have the worst defensive record out of anyone, conceding 10 goals in 5 matches.
- Showing early signs of second season syndrome and have yet to settle following a lot of player changes during the summer.
Lens have so far flattered to deceive. Save for the excellent 2-0 win at Nimes when they looked really good, Alain Casanova's men haven't delivered on high expectations. They appear to have the same problem as last season, lack of clinical finishing upfront. Les Sang et Or have signed Viktor Klonaridis and Christian Lopez upfront to try and solve this problem. Both could be in line to make debuts tonight. This should be a good chance for their offense to fire against the worst defence in the ligue. It’s no real surprise because Bourg were so poor at the back last year too. They are quite an attacking team by nature and will probably approach this match in a positive way. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility they could draw or even win this match. Ultimately, I think Lens will get the three points in what could be an exciting game of football.
Lens are on a -0.75 handicap which looks a bit steep for a team that’s only won one match all season. They may well win but I’m not interested in backing the hosts at such a short price. Bourg-en-Bresse carry a decent attacking threat and there’s every chance they could stay within one goal of Lens, or even avoid defeat. My preferred bet for the match is over 2.25 goals. As aforementioned, Bourg can’t defend very well and have a knack of getting involved in some higher scoring matches. They are a pro-active team who won't come here to park the bus, unlike some other outfits. Lens’ are hit and miss in front of goal but they’ll surely get enough chances here that they convert a couple. So I think taking this over 2.25 line @ a juicy price is the best option in this fixture.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.08 (minimum odds acceptable 1.80)