- Bottom of the table and they are the only remaining winless side in Ligue 2.
- Have been embarrassed at home in their last two games falling heavily against Tours & Niort 1-4 and 1-3 respectively.
- The home faithful are getting restless and they can ill afford another poor performance.
- Manager Denis Renaud is already under a lot of pressure and has a poor record at this level.
- Some new injuries to important players. Left back Jonathan Brison and their leading striker Dona Ndoh are both ruled out.
GFC Ajaccio preview
- Their match at home to Amiens on Friday night was postponed so they’ve had a nice 11 day break from on-field action.
- Key midfielder Jerome Lemoigne is injured, along with striker Robert Maah.
- Have only lost once so far this season and look a pretty solid team.
- Goal scoring can be a problem and have netted just 5 times in 6 games.
- Won 2 of their 3 away matches and coach Jean Luc Vanucci is usually a good road manager.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Niort seem in a real mess and I have a feeling new coach Denis Renaud won’t be lasting much longer.
- He had a shocking time managing Paris FC last season and I’m seeing some definite signs of a repeat here in Niort.
- GFC are the better team and having rested themselves on Friday, should be fresh and ready to deliver here.
- Surprisingly, the visitors can be backed on a DNB handicap @ around the 1.85 mark which looks generous.
- The way Niort are playing it’s difficult to envisage them winning any game of football so this is a pretty obvious pick.
- I’m not expecting a classic, and something like a 0-1 or 0-2 away win is probably the most likely outcome.
Recommended bet 1 unit: GFC Ajaccio DNB @ 1.86