- Becoming an inconsistent team, hard to predict and have surprisingly been involved in some higher scoring matches recently.
- The absence of key defender Joel Sami has been felt hard in recent weeks. They’ve conceded seven goals in the two games he’s missed.
- Sami returns to the squad tonight but his condition is questionable.
- Key playmaker Karim Ziani is definitely ruled out because of injury and they will miss his creativity.
- Orleans played very well in their last home match, beating Strasbourg 3-1. They haven’t lost at home since the opening day.
- Their four game winning streak came to an end in midweek but they are still third in the table with a game in hand.
- Have been the big surprise package so far, everyone expected them to be relegation fodder.
- Still can’t be underestimated and they are playing really well together as a unit.
- Team news set to be favourable and fast winger Georges Gope Fenepej will make his first appearance of the season following injury.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Matchup between two promoted teams and both have done better than expected so far.
- Amiens have especially been in brilliant form and currently sit on the podium.
- Both teams will probably fancy their chances of victory which might lead to an open encounter.
- Despite Amiens’ excellent start, I personally consider these two teams quite evenly matched. Therefore, the bookies offering 1.80 on the hosts DNB seems generous.
- Orleans have looked decent at home and this is a tempting bet. But until Amiens start losing matches then I’ll give them some respect.
- Considering the higher scoring nature of Orleans’ recent matches, then over 2 goals @ around the 1.90 mark is tempting.
- However, with a key playmaker missing and a key defender returning, I’m happy just to leave this one alone.
Recommended bet: None