Red Star preview
- Unbeaten in four games and have looked much better in the last few weeks following dodgy start.
- The Red Star defence continues to be strong, keeping 5 out of 8 clean sheets.
- Scoring goals always an issue with this team but if the defence stays strong they can get away with 1-0s.
- Squad in good condition with no major injuries or suspensions to worry about.
- Red Star now play their home matches in Paris again, although have only scored one goal at Le Stade Jean Bouin in four games.
- Bottom of the table and they are the only winless side so far in Ligue 2.
- Not always easy to beat and have drawn 5 out of 8 games, but the general standard of their performances have been poor.
- Aren’t offering much threat going forwards at the moment and their attack seems fairly toothless.
- Left back Jonathan Brison & right back Tristan Lahaye both remain injured and are ruled out tonight.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Don’t expect this to be much of a spectacle. Neither side is known for their entertainment value.
- Red Star have been digging in much better of late and reverting back to their form of last season. They are finding ways to win games or graft out draws.
- Due to their excellent defence and the poor nature of Niort’s attack, it would probably only take one goal for the hosts to prevail.
- It’s for this reason I think Red Star -0.25 close to the 1.90 mark is too big to ignore.
- The risk of a 0-0 draw is higher than in some other games but I just think this has a 1-0 or 2-0 Red Star win written all over it.
- Until Niort actually win a game of football then I’m more than happy to keep going against them.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Red Star -0.25 @ 1.88