- Lost for the first time this season on Monday night, going down to a late defeat away against Brest (1-2)
- Reims have to be respected for their ability to pick up results, but they’ve yet to really set the world alight with performances so far.
- Still have a 100% home record, but all of their victories have been by tight margins.
- Team news is favourable and the same squad is retained. Reims have few injuries to worry about and no new concerns.
- Sacked coach Viorel Moldovan this week. Taking over as interim boss is David Carre.
- Second bottom of the table and have won just a single game all season.
- Haven’t scored a goal in any of their last six games, a run which stretches well over 540 minutes!
- Injuries to the attacking duo of Yoann Touzghar & Alexandre Vincent might not be a bad thing and will give someone else a chance.
- Could be highly unpredictable following the sacking of Moldovan and with a caretaker boss in charge.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Auxerre appear to be in a bit of a crisis and it could be a good time to face them before they hire a permanent manager.
- Reims lost for the first time on Monday night and it will be interesting to see how they respond. This is their first really difficult moment of the season.
- The hosts are rightful favourites around the 1.75 mark and are the most likely team to win this match.
- They are a tempting bet, but Reims are coming off a short week and the change of coach might help inspire Auxerre.
- I’m expecting a home win, but in my experience it’s always best to play safe and with some caution whenever a team changes its manager.
Recommended bet: None