- The promotion favourites haven't set the world alight but remain unbeaten after five games.
- Have won both home fixtures, albeit only by small margins.
- Still missing two key wide players, Pablo Chavarria & Diego Rigonato, in addition to important midfielder Antoine Devaux.
- Target man striker Gaetan Charbonnier returns from injury which is a boost.
GFC Ajaccio preview
- Unbeaten as well and possess a 100% away record, winning both road games.
- Struggled a bit with goalscoring but defence and midfield look strong.
- Injuries kept to a minimum with only old legend Jeremy Brechet (CB) likely ruled out.
Both of these teams have an exact identical record. Each obtained nine points after winning two and drawing three games so far. Just to top it off, both have scored 5 goals and conceded 3 times. There’s been a similar theme in all of their matches which have generally been low scoring close affairs. I wouldn't class either outfit as particularly boring, but a big strength of both is at the back. Something has to give here because Reims have a 100% home record, whilst GFC Ajaccio are 100% away. When push comes to shove I would personally give a slight edge to Reims because they are at home. But this feels like the sort of match nobody will want to lose. GFC have already faced Le Havre, Brest & Strasbourg so are well tested and proven against some of the best sides in this ligue. I think a 0-0 or 1-1 draw could definitely be on the cards.
The bookies aren’t really giving anything away here. Reims are priced @ 1.95 on a -0.25 handicap which is pretty much how I would have it. For those who rate and believe in the Champagne side, then this isn’t actually a bad price. But because I think the risk of a draw is so high, I’m not personally interested. The goal line is set at 2.0 and this is about right too. I would lean more towards the under here but I’d say there’s a good chance of an exact push with this line. You could do worse than back the draw but overall it’s not a match I want to get involved in.
Recommended bet: None