- Still one of the few remaining unbeaten sides in Ligue 2, but have a drawn a massive 6 out of 8 games, including their last five consecutively.
- Key defender and big centre half Adolphe Teikeu is injured. Everyone else of significance is available apart from no1 keeper Olivier Werner who is out long term.
- Sochaux have been playing well but their big problem remains converting chances at a more effective rate.
- Have a good record against Ajaccio, not losing any of the last eight H2H meetings.
- Victory at home to Auxerre on Tuesday night (2-0) was their first in four games.
- Have played well in their last couple of matches, but known for inconsistency and can rarely string together a handful of good performances.
- Usually very poor away from home and struggle on their travels.
- Squad in good condition with only long term casualty Joris Sainati (CB) set to miss out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Sochaux are the better team and have far more quality in their ranks, it should show here in the end.
- The hosts have a tendency to draw too many games but they look generously priced tonight.
- They are currently as big as 2.12 to win, but I prefer to take a -0.25 handicap close to the 1.80 mark.
- If Sochaux somehow manage to draw again, then at least all wouldn’t be fully lost by taking this handicap.
- I’m not expecting Ajaccio to offer much of a threat going forwards against a strong Sochaux defence.
- The hosts really should be able to find a way to win and might only require one goal.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Sochaux -0.25 @ 1.78