- Lost their unbeaten record thanks to an uncharacteristically poor performance away against Orleans on Friday (1-3).
- Yet to suffer defeat at home, winning 2 out of 3 games and only conceding one goal.
- No changes to the squad and they have relatively few injuries to deal with.
- This will be their third match in the space of seven days which might be a struggle for some players.
- Usually well supported by a passionate home crowd and can be an intimidating atmosphere.
Red Star preview
- After a slow start to the season they are unbeaten in three games and won their last two consecutively.
- Usually a better away side and they have the defensive strength to frustrate any team in this ligue.
- Still doubts surrounding their goalscoring ability but they look a bit more threatening than they did in August.
- No changes to the squad and their only injury of note is to centre back Pierrick Cros.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A battle between two teams who are usually good defensively is unlikely to yield many goals.
- Strasbourg tried a strange and unusual formation on Friday night, but I’d expect them to revert to the norm here.
- Watch out for some potential tiredness from Strasbourg. This is their third game in seven days and players in this ligue aren’t used to that.
- Red Star not immune to this either, but they’ve had an easier schedule of late.
- Strasbourg generally around the 2.0 mark, which looks too short under current circumstances.
- The match is likely to be very tight and one goal either way could be enough to take victory.
- Not the sort of game which delivers great betting appeal, so I’ll leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None