- Unbeaten start to the season and a win would put them back up to second place.
- Key centre back Felipe Saad suspended tonight.
- Striker Baptiste Guillaume still injured.
- New signing at the back Kader Mangane could make debut tonight.
- Known for their strong defence and usually difficult to penetrate at home.
- Improved after a tricky start to the season, now unbeaten in three games.
- Squad condition better with no new injuries or suspensions.
- Looked good in their last away match at Le Havre which they won 3-1.
- Have scored at least one goal in all of their matches so far.
Conclusion & betting analysis
This should be a good Monday night match in front of a packed house at La Meinau. Strasbourg are usually quite a tight team and hard to break down but Troyes will probably come here with a positive mentality. The visitors’ tail is likely to be up again following an improved string of results, and they have some decent technical players like Benjamin Nivet who could help unlock the home defence. Strasbourg are priced fairly short @ 1.75, but I have a feeling they’ll win. RCS have looked fairly good to me this season, although don’t always convert their chances too well. I think both teams will score and over 2 or 2.25 did tempt me a little bit. But I’ve had enough of betting this weekend and will just sit this one out and wait for the next round.
Recommended bet: None