- Bottom of the table with just one win all season which came against Niort.
- Coach Fabien Mercadal is under pressure and might be close to the sack
- Some of his squad choices for this match are strange, leaving out certain players unexpectedly like veteran Bryan Bergougnoux.
- It just feels like he might be close to losing the dressing room, if he already hasn’t!
- Tours have by far the worst defensive record in Ligue 2, conceding a whopping 18 goals at an average of 2 per game!
GFC Ajaccio preview
- Struggling and are winless in five games. They did at least score a late equaliser to draw against Amiens on Tuesday night.
- Had to play with 10 men for over 70 mins in that match so could be physically and mentally fatigued with just three days of recovery.
- Midfielder Amos Youga is suspended, whilst the attacking duo of Robert Maah & Sekou Cisse are injured.
- Lack of goals continues to be a big problem. They've only netted 6 in 9 games and generally don’t look very threatening going forwards.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Tours are in a mess and this might be the last chance for coach Fabien Mercadal.
- This however, might be a good time to be playing GFCA who aren’t in great form and coming off a short week.
- The big weakness that Tours have is in defence, but I’m not sure that GFC have the attacking firepower to take advantage.
- The visitors are -0.25 favourites, but this looks a bit too short. It’s true that Tours aren’t playing that well but do GFC really deserve such strong favourtism on the road?
- Over 2 goals is priced @ 2.0 and this is highly tempting. The last 9 Tours matches have all contained at least two goals.
- This however, is counteracted by the fact that only one GFC game has ended with over 2.5 goals in it so far.
- Overall, I sense a surprise result and that Tours might win. But who could risk betting on them right now? The over is too risky as well considering GFC’s defensive strength.
Recommended bet: None