- Only lost once all season which was away at Brest, so no disgrace.
- Kept 4 out of 6 clean sheets and possess some good defenders.
- Rarely lose at home, although can have a tendency to draw too many.
- Injuries kept to a minimum and squad in good condition.
- Lost 3 of their last 4 games and their form has dropped since an encouraging start.
- Kept no clean sheet since the opening day of the season.
- Known for being poor away from home, rarely win on the road.
- Squad in excellent health minus long term casualty Joris Sainati (CB)
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Valenciennes very generously priced on a DNB or -0.25 handicap.
- Obvious home pick here. Strong in front of their own fans whilst Ajaccio usually terrible away.
- Not expecting a classic but a 1-0 or 2-0 win seems the favourite.
- Take your choice with handicap, I prefer to be more aggressive with a -0.25 line.
- Fairer odds would be close to 1.80 on this handicap, so great value.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Valenciennes -0.25 @ 2.12