Bodo Glimt preview
- Successive defeats has left them third from bottom in the relegation playoff position.
- The 0-1 loss at Stabaek was especially crippling facing a direct rival and could hurt them mentally.
- Despite the recent defeats, I still feel that Bodo are playing fairly good football. Last week they hammered Sarpsborg 4-0 in the cup quarter final.
- Squad in good condition with no major injuries or suspensions.
- Bodo have the third worst home record in the Tippeligaen, somewhat surprisingly when you consider their northerly location.
- Their winless run in the league has now been extended to nine matches following a 1-1 draw against Odd last weekend.
- All of their focus will now be on the cup in which they face a lower division side in the semi finals. That match isn’t for another month though.
- Godset have generally been playing better in the last couple of weeks and aren’’t under a lot of pressure in the league.
- Key striker Marcus Pedersen is back in the squad following injury but his physical condition is still questionable.
- Have a poor away record which is statistically the second worst in the Tippeligaen.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both of these teams are in the semi finals of the NM Cup which will be played at the end of October. Bodo drew the short straw and will have to travel to Rosenborg.
- This match probably means a lot more to Bodo Glimt who are fighting for their lives. Godset look set to finish in mid-table mediocrity.
- Goals usually flow when these two teams meet and Godset have won on both of their last two visits to Aspmyra Stadion, 4-0 and 5-3 respectively.
- The result is hard to call. Bodo are slight underdogs with the bookies but this feels wrong considering Godset’s awful away record.
- But with so much pressure on the home side then I’m willing to leave the match market alone.
- I just sense a really open game of football and over 2.75 goals catches my eye. Godset have been involved in some lower scoring matches of late but recent signs are that they are starting to play better again.
- I just don’t see defences being on top in this game and I think chances will be created at both ends. The question is whether or not they get taken.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.75 goals @ 1.89