- Have a brilliant 8-2-0 home record and have only conceded two goals here all season!
- A whopping five starting players are suspended in addition to a couple of injuries.
- Haven’t won any of their last three games, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Still in an excellent fourth place, battling for a medal position.
- Won just 1 of their last 8 games and labouring towards a midtable finish.
- Off the field mood isn't great with the club in financial trouble, players were sold during the summer and not really replaced.
- Condition of the squad is good with only a couple of players rated doubtful, everyone else is fit.
- Have the second best away record in the league, winning 6 out of 11 matches.
Under normal circumstances I would strongly fancy Brann to win this match. They are a superb home team, often dominating teams in front of their own fans. But a huge number of starters are suspended. A total of five miss out and they are affected across the field with someone missing from all areas. In addition, right winger Deyver Vega is ruled out and striker Daniel Braaten rated doubtful. At the back, Bismar Acosta is another who might not suit up, but he might have to be risked due to the suspensions! Brann are basically down to their bare bones and can’t be judged on their previous results, the team that takes to the field will be more of a second XI than a first choice XI. Can Viking take advantage? Well, maybe but they aren’t in great form. Key defender Kristoffer Haugen who has started every game this season is rated doubtful, as is midfielder Claes Kronberg. But everyone else is available. One thing that has to be mentioned here is that this is a bitter local derby and both teams will be giving 110% Ultimately, I think Brann’s absences will catch up with them and I’ll predict a tight away win.
Brann are a -0.25 favourite around 2.05, but this price is rising and I’d expect they kick off close to a DNB line. When so many players are missing then this is understandable. The big question is do I have the balls to bet against them? The answer is no because I don't really rate Viking too much. Maybe the backup players who start for Brann will be desperate to prove a point and give their all in this derby match. If Brann were close to full strength I’d totally back them because I rate them as a much better all round team. These are unusual circumstances though, so I’ll leave it alone. I expect a tight local derby so a goal line between 2.25 and 2.5 seems fair. Overall, I’d say this is just a match to watch, not to bet in.
Recommended bet: None