- With just 1 win in their last 14 games Lillestrom had to act after being thrown into the relegation zone last weekend following defeat to Tromso.
- Coach Runar Kristinsson was sacked and this was the right thing to do because he’d probably lost the dressing room.
- New man in charge is Arne Erlandsen, an ex manager and player of the club. He has just six games left to try and save them.
- On paper, this LSK side shouldn’t be in the relegation zone so it’ll be interesting to see if he can galvanise the troops. All previous form and results need to be forgotten until we see what effect he has.
- Now have a seven point gap to the bottom three and look close to safety following a 3-0 win against Sarpsborg last week.
- That victory followed a poor period of just 1 win in 8 games for the club and will serve as a massive relief for all involved.
- Sogndal are hard to beat but haven't been playing that great recently. They have obtained more draws (10) than any other club this season.
- Squad condition looks decent enough with few injuries.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Lillestrom have been a total mess since the summer break but the appointment of a new manager completely changes everything.
- This sort of thing is always hard to predict at the best of times, not least when Tippeligaen survival is at stake with not long left.
- Lillestrom have the ability in their squad so it wouldn't surprise me to see an improvement and the coach make an immediate impact.
- The hosts are a -0.25 favourite and in this sort of situation that’s probably fair. I personally couldn’t trust them though.
- With so much uncertainty surrounding the match I think it’s a clear no bet situation.
Recommended bet: None