- Their good mid-season form seems to have ended now with only 1 win in their last 6 games.
- They were disappointingly thrashed in the midweek cup away against Bodo Glimt (0-4) just to add to their poor run.
- Squad condition in good health with only a couple of injuries to worry about. Key midfielder Anders Tronsden is rated doubtful due to an ongoing case of glandular fever.
- Sarpsborg generally have a good home record in 2017, but have now lost 2 of their last 3 in front of their own fans.
- Won for the first time in six games last weekend when they beat Molde 1-0.
- Hard fought victory for Viking in which their defence was strong.
- Goalscoring continues to be a big problem for the Stavanger side. Quite simply, too many opportunities get missed for them.
- Viking have the third best away record in the Tippeligaen, winning 6 of their 12 road games so far.
- Squad in good condition with only left back Kristoffer Haugen rated doubtful because of injury.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- With the exception of Start, this is a battle between the two lowest scoring teams in the Tippeligaen.
- With that in mind, it’s surprising to see over 2.5 goals an odds-on shot.
- The strength of both sides lies in midfield and defence, not going forwards.
- This is likely to be a tight game which could be decided by one goal. It’s a question who takes that big chance when it arrives.
- Sarpsborg a -0.25 favourite which is fair, but their current form is poor and I can’t trust them anymore.
- Viking will also have a fitness advantage having not played in midweek.
- Something like a goalless draw is possible, but my prediction is for Viking to sneak a tight 1-0 victory. Overall, I’m happy not to get involved in the game.
Recommended bet: None