- Club in financial trouble and the sale of some key players during the season has been disappointing, without adequate replacements being bought in.
- The squad is however in excellent condition with no injuries or suspensions to report.
- Won just 1 of their last 9 games and have the third worst home record in the league.
- However, a decent crowd is expected here. There’s a ‘pay what you want’ scheme in operation which is an attempt to help the team on the pitch, and the club financially off it.
- Their four match winning streak came to an end last week against Haugesund (0-0). They were second best in that affair and didn’t look too great.
- Always plenty of uncertainty surrounding the Molde starting XI, but the defensive duo of Toivio & Forren are both ruled out for the rest of the season.
- Have looked surprisingly solid and disciplined at the back without these two, keeping clean sheets in 3 of their last 4 games.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Bookies can’t separate the two teams, with both on a DNB handicap around the 1.95 mark.
- Based on recent form, you’d have to favour Molde, but Viking might be inspired by the presence of more supporters.
- I find it impossible to pick a side here and it’s capable of going either way.
- Recent form perhaps points towards an under-ish type game. But a partisan crowd could encourage attacking football.
- Viking players might be told to play as entertaining as possible to try and get more fans back in the future.
- Overall, there’s too many question marks rather than answers here, so it’s probably wise to refrain from betting.
Recommended bet: None