- The Breton outfit are two points clear at the top of the table and could extend their lead even further with a victory here.
- New coach Jean Marc Furlan has made an immediate impact at the club and they've only lost once so far. Brest’s home record reads 5 out of 6 wins so far.
- Veteran playmaker Bruno Grougi remains injured. He’s an important player but hasn’t featured since mid September now, so Brest are used to life without him.
- Right back Gaetan Belaud is still on the sidelines too and this position is perhaps their weakest spot at the moment without him.
- Since the opening day of the season, Brest have scored at least one goal in every fixture as new coach Furlan has made their attack force a lot more potent.
- A win would put them just one point off the podium. Lens have only lost twice all season but drawing half of their matches has definitely halted their progress.
- Squad condition is excellent with nobody significant missing out due to injury or suspension. Anyone not included in the squad is due to the decision of the coach for tactical or personal reasons.
- Lens are usually pretty good away from home, although did lose the last time they featured on Monday night, 0-1 away against Sochaux.
- They have strong counter attacking potential and some good technical players who are quite dangerous if given the space and some might say they prefer playing on the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brest have been excellent at home this season, winning 5 out of 6 games and the only blemish was against Clermont. New coach Jean Marc Furlan is a master at Ligue 2 level and always seems to carry an element of luck with him in this division.
- Brest have scored a lot of late goals to either win or draw games and they are one of the most dangerous sides in the last 20 mins. Furlan will always push for the win, so you could say they deserve a lot of the good fortune which comes their way.
- I’m personally surprised Brest are as big as 2.09 on a -0.25 handicap. I don’t really see them losing this game and I'm happy to grab them on this line.
- Over 2 goals also seems overpriced, close to the even money mark. Since the opening day of the season, only two Brest matches have contained less than a couple of goals and they’ve netted in 11 consecutive fixtures.
- It’s exactly the same for Lens in that only twice since the opening day have any of their fixtures contained less than two goals.
- This should be an attractive enough game between two teams who generally like to play football and attack. Ultimately, I think Brest will have enough about themselves to find a way to win, but both sides will probably score.
Recommended bets both 1 unit: Brest -0.25 @ 2.09 & Over 2 goals @ 1.98