- A run of four consecutive victories has propelled Aalesund seemingly away from relegation trouble, now five points clear of third bottom Stabaek.
- They have shown a good mix of defensive and offensive qualities during this winning run. Scoring four time back to back was followed up by consecutive clean sheets.
- They will have to do without in-form winger Edwin Gyasi for this match due to suspension. This is a big blow because he's been causing opposition defences all sorts of trouble at the moment.
- The midfield duo Flamur Kastrati & Petter Olly Larsen are both rated doubtful so AKF will probably lean more towards their defence again to get a result here.
Bodo Glimt preview
- A superb come from behind win, 4-2 against Godset just before the international break ensured they are currently outside of the relegation zone and have a three point buffer.
- In general, Bodo’s form has been pretty good, winning 4 of their last 6 games in all competitions.
- With the exception of a 0-1 loss at Stabaek, the offense especially seems to have regained its mojo and guys like Azemi upfront are back in form.
- No major injuries or suspensions reported for a Bodo team which is usually quite inconsistent away from home and capable of anything.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both teams are still involved in the relegation battle but their form is much better compared to some teams down towards the bottom of the table.
- I suspect confidence will be high in both camps, although at the same time both will probably fear losing such a key encounter.
- At this point in time I really like the sort of football that Aalesund are producing, but the suspension of key man Gyasi puts me off backing them.
- The hosts are on a -0.25 handicap @ juicy odds close to the 2.10 mark, which is tempting. But Bodo are playing quite well too, so I’m happy to leave alone.
- My suspicion is that this will be a close game and the goal line of 3.0 @ an odds-on price seems too high. Typically, when these two teams meet, matches are quite tight and lower scoring.
- But this is Norway and a match could erupt into a ton of goals at any given moment, so I will refrain from betting.
Recommended bet: None